With the warrior Face cleanser ( Review here ) I picked up two Facial mists “Jardin De Aromatique” and “I am Fresh Now”from The Bath candy Company.
Price : Rs. 199/- for each
As fancy as the names sound they are all like the regular toners. They are used as you use any toner and also as a freshening spray. I thought of writing two different posts but both of them are almost same except for one ingredient. Oh I forgot, they send you copy of list of ingredients and how to use stuff. And also two scented bath candles as a gift.
Coming to the Products, they both feel the same and smell the same to me. They have this strong Teatree oil scent. They did mention that these are Facial and Body Treatment Mists, helps acne.
Except for the natural and Paraben free, these are no different from the other ones I used so far. The treatment part, I have not used them that long to notice any visible difference.
I love the way I am fresh now Feels on the skin,It does have some minty freshness and if you using the chilled one, this feels like a bit of heaven on your skin.
Jardin De Aromatique is more soothing and best applied in the night as it has lavender oil in i. It helps you calm down and have a better sleep.
Would I recommend?
Yes, Definitely. Why to use chemicals on the face when you can get these natural,cruelty free products on the skin at the same price. These can be used as moisturizers on those lazy days.
In one of my last posts (https://beautywisetalks.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/all-about-the-skin-toners/ )I mentioned about the beauty benefits of using toners. In this I am sharing few toners which can be made and used in a jiffy.
This is one product which is so versatile and used extensively in face packs. After cleansing just wipe the face with rosewater and done. Good for all skin types.
Grate a cucumber and squeeze out the juice. Apply it to the face using a cotton pad. Can be stored for a week if refrigerated properly.
This is my favourite toner of all time. Just boil water and a green tea bag or leaves, leave it for 10 mins, strain and store it. Use it when ever is needed.
Yes, Ice cubes. Rub the ice cube all over the face after cleansing it helps in closing the pores and tightening the skin.
Who can leave lemon when it comes to DIY’s. Take the juice from one lemon and add same amount of distilled water (or just boil the water and cool it). Toner s ready. Excellent for oily skin and for removing the tan too.
You can directly take aloevera juice onto the cotton pad and use it as a toner or add few drops of lemon juice to it and use.
Boil required amount of water add any of the above mentioned leaves, simmer it for 5 minutes. Let it cool,strain and use it. Can be stored. But make it in small amounts as there are no preservatives added in these.
Bonus Tip: You can add little sea salt to the solution. Removes the left over grim and dirt.
Do not wipe away the Toners, Let them dry on their own when applied.
Always dilute the lemon juice when used on the face. These are the ones which I have tried and use. I find them very effective as I can make them according to my needs. Let me know which toner You use everyday
Raise your hand if you skip the toning part from your skin care routine. Toning is the most neglected part of skin care routine as there is no emphasis on the importance of it. Recently I came across an article about Toners and I was pleasantly surprised about the beauty benefits of using toners. Though initially its a bit of a task and always slips your mind believe me my skin looks so much better. Am sure after reading this post even you will include Toning in your skin care routine.
Benefits of using Facial Toners
- Reduces the size of the pores and tightens the skin.
- Cleans away the dirt and grime on the skin left even after cleansing.
- Maintains the pH balance of the skin.
- Reduces acne and pimples and also prevents the break outs.
- Removes excess oil from the skin.
We know the benefits of the Toners, lets see how to pick the right toner.
There are three types of toners:
- Skin Tonics.
- Facial refreshners/Mists.
You should buy the toners according to your skin type. These are available in all dry,oily ,combination and sensitive skin types. The type of toners are clearly mentioned on the product too.
- If you have dry skin,Use toners which has hydrating properties and less alcohol.
- Oily skin, can use toners with the alcohol but I advice to check the alcohol content which should not be more than 15%.
- Combination skin, Pick moisturizing toners for winters and slightly alcohol based toners for summers
- For sensitive skin, It is best to take Doctor’s advice for the suitable toner.
How to use the Toner
- Toners are used after cleansing the face and before applying the Moisturizer. (Remember CTM)
- Though some refreshing toners can be used without cleansing.
- After cleansing with the suitable facewash/cleanser,wipe it with a clean face towel. Take sufficient amount of toner onto the cotton pad / ball and wipe it gently over the face avoiding the eye and the lip area.
- Let it dry on the skin naturally,do not wipe it clean.
- Apply moisturizer as usual.
Hope this post helps you in picking up the right toner.